Come Together: 5 Ways You Can Help the Plant Sales
The 2016 Peterson Garden Project plant and bake sales are fast approaching. This year’s plants sales are going to be bigger and better than ever. We’re moving to a new, larger location in Uptown, introducing new plant varieties (including edible flowers) and planning some special events and appearances. This sale is going to be so nice, we’re having it twice – a cool weather crop sale in April and a hot crop/bake sale in May.
We count on a big turnout at our plant sales to help us fund the gardens and community cooking school. Whether you garden with us or in your own backyard, buying your garden supplies at our plant sales help us finance our organization.
It takes a lot of manpower to throw a big event like this. And that’s where you come in. Here are five ways you can help us:
1. Sign up to volunteer: As our biggest event of the year, we need a lot of volunteers to help make the plant sales a success. From merchandise set up and tear down to cashiers and customer service, it takes a village to put on plant sales of this size. Check out the volunteer page for a full list of opportunities.
2. Baker, baker, bake us some goods: The Plant Sale that’s slated for Mother’s Day weekend will also include a bake sale. Bring us your cookies, your scones, your cupcakes and breads. Sign up to volunteer to supply your delicious baked goods to our May plant sale.
3. Help us make media connections: If you’re a member of the media – or know someone who is – help us distribute our plant sales press release. You can also help by making introductions to media contacts by emailing email@example.com.
4. Help us get social: Use your social media skills to help us spread the word. Share the plant sale Facebook events with your followers. Promote the sale on Twitter and Instagram. We can also help you promote the plant sales via your blog. Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to get started.
5. Connect us to a sponsor: If your company sponsors events, let’s talk. Email email@example.com to make an introduction.
Whether you help us promote the plant sales or buy your 2016 gardening supplies at one of them, we appreciate your help and interest in Peterson Garden Project. As we always say, volunteers are the heart of PGP. And we wouldn’t have it any other way.